Skip to content
Fundamentals of baking Rating sheet
Baking Rubric — “docx download“
PURPOSE: To test the participant’s ability to plan, prepare and present the designated baked cookies along with their knowledge of the basics of baking.
- Junior—grades 6-9
- Senior—grades 10-12
- Occupational—grades 10-12
- Any affiliated FCCLA member
- Two (2) per chapter
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION:
- Personal, professional appearance.
- Ability to prepare baked cookies within one hour.
- Ability to organize work area.
- Use of basic cooking skills, safety and sanitation practices.
- Participants are to choose their own recipe
- Participants are responsible for bringing all necessary measuring, mixing, cooking serving and display equipment, as well as ingredients to make the chosen recipe. Participants will be assigned specific cooking workstations.
- Participants will report 30 minutes before they are schedule to compete. Sanitation practices will be maintained. Ingredients must be brought in original containers or canisters, nothing is to be pre–measured. Correct, safe temperature for perishables must be maintained.
- Participants will wear appropriate, professional baking apparel, hair covering and apron.
- Participants will have a copy of the recipe posted as part of the display.
- Participants will have 15 minutes to clean up the workstations. Penalties will be assessed.
- A team of evaluators will be observing work habit and techniques used and will make ratings throughout the preparation process.
- Participants will be evaluated on efficient work habits; personal appearance; taste, appearance, and texture of final product; display of final product; display of recipe
- Participants will be rated on product as it appears on display table when time is called.
- Junior category—first three places receive medal
- Senior category—first three places receive medal
- Occupational—first three places receive medal