Wyoming Quiz Bowl
- Teams will consist of 3-5 members.
- Junior Teams consist of 7-9th graders.
- Senior Teams consist of 10-12th graders. If a 9th grader is on a team with 10-12th graders, the team is considered a senior team.
- In the Senior Division, Occupational and Consumer members will compete on one team.
- Each affiliated chapter may have only one team in each division.
- Team Captains will sit in the first chair.
- Competition will be set up bracket style with a random drawing to place teams.
- A total of 16 FCCLA related questions of increasing difficulty will be asked in each round.
- Before the questions start, a coin will be tossed to determine the team that starts with the first question.
- After the question is completely read once, the teams will have ten seconds to quietly discuss and then answer the question.
- Questions pertaining to reciting or finishing a statement must be exact.
- There is no penalty for incorrect answers.
- Only answers given by the team captain will count.
- Questions will alternate between the two teams.
- If the answer is incorrect, the question will be read once again and the opposing team’s captain must give an immediate response.
- At the end of the 16 question round, the team that answered the most questions correctly wins.
- If there is a tie, tiebreaker questions will be read until the tie is broken.
- In case of a judge error, and alternate question will be read.
- The reader and judge will have final decision on acceptance of an answer.
- All decisions of the judge and reader will be final.