From: Brittney Bell
State Secretary – (Leadership Service in Action)
State Officer Project: Leadership Service in Action
Download the Questionnaire (.docx format)
Download the Questionnaire (.doc format)
Leadership Service in Action
The FCCLA Leadership Service in Action program guides students to develop, plan, carry out, and evaluate projects that improve the quality of life in their communities. Leadership Service in Action helps young people build skills for family, career, and community roles; provides youth-centered learning experiences related to Family and Consumer Sciences education; and encourages young people to develop the positive character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
In order to be recognized at state, each chapter must complete the following criteria:
- Develop a project focusing on the “Unsung Heroes” in their community.
- (Examples: teachers, firefighters, military, etc.)
- Plan and carry out the project, remembering to take pictures along the way!
- Evaluate the project completed (Meaning evaluate who the project impacted, how it impacted them, and how much of an impact the project created.)
- Complete the National form at the link:
- Submit the National Leadership Service in Action application to the FCCLA National Headquarters by March 15th, 11:59PM EST to http://www.fcclainc.org/youthawards/index.cfm
- Fill out the State application titled “Leadership Service in Action” and send it to Rachel Bullinger via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email a description of your project (Keep descriptions under five sentences) and your best photographs to email@example.com (Teen Times). This is optional; however, it may increase your chance of winning at State.
If any questions arise, feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 307-689-5040.